Pursuant to Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), all claims alleging copyright infringement for material that is believed to be residing on FlixHouse’s network or systems should be promptly sent in the form of either an email or a written notice to:
FlixHouse Global LLC
9018 Balboa Blvd., Suite 527
Northridge, CA 91325
Specific requirements for proper notification of claimed infringement are set forth in the DMCA (see 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512(c)(3)). Valid notification must be a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit FlixHouse to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit FlixHouse to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please be aware that there are substantial penalties for false claim.
If a notice of alleged copyright infringement under the DMCA has been wrongly filed against you, you may submit a counter-notification to FlixHouse. A valid counter-notification is a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the notification of claimed infringement or an agent of such person.